Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Hey all,

So, my Xserve obviously has the built in feature to boot back up after it experiences a power loss, but I find that I have to manually go down to my server closet, bend over backwards and twist my arm around the back of the Xserve RAID to turn it back on, every time it loses power. Is there any way (apart from like a UPS or something) to power this guy back up? With all of the spontaneous thunderstorms this summer around me, I never know when I'll need to access the storage array and have had my home power flash for a second or two.

As always, thanks for everyone's help.

-N

varlos101

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
California
In RAID Admin under settings there's a check box for "Start up automatically after a power failure", have you tried this?
Now if I could just figure out why I can't connect to mine...

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is there any way (apart from like a UPS or something) to power this guy back up? With all of the spontaneous thunderstorms this summer around me, I never know when I'll need to access the storage array and have had my home power flash for a second or two.
In general, unexpected power outages to RAIDs are really bad to have happen.

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD

They have built in battery backups for data integrity that still function after all these years.

Well, the RAID has battery backup for the functionality

I cannot believe I didn't see that. Thank you so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.