XTorrent Hanging & Thrashing CPU When You Search

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pnkearns, Mar 27, 2009.

1. pnkearns macrumors newbie

I have the latest XTorrent build (53), version 1.1, on my MacBookPro OS/X 10.5.6.

XTorrent has worked fine for the last year. Last week a new bug magically appeared. Whenever I tried a new file search in XTorrent, it would give the results, but never return from its busy circle (circle of death). Whenever I tried to use the mouse on any XTorrent feature, I got the Apple busy circle (circle of death 2). I looked at my system Activity Monitor and see that Xtorrent and Kernal Task have both rev'ed up CPU usage and are both using about 50% of a CPU core each, so they're thrashing somehow. The only way to get out of it is to Force Quite XTorrent.

I've looked for support help on XTorrent. None. I've deleted all XTorrent uncompleted downloads. Nothing. I even uninstalled XTorrent and reinstalled off the website. Nothing.

Any one got a hint?

2. lineskogans macrumors newbie

same here

i am having what seems to be the same problem here. xtorrent runs great as long as there are no active searches but once i want to look for something, i get the pinwheel. there are mixed opinions on the developer, but there aren't any places i can find with support for this app, from him or user-contributed. it's sad, cause i really like xtorrent. somebody please help!!! i know there are a lot of people out there smarter than me that could figure this out. thanks.