Xtorrent Public Beta

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
Xtorrent Beta 1 has been released to the public. And talk about a nice UI. I thought the BitRocket UI looked good. Xtorrent is looking at least 10 times better and just entered the beta stage. THis is definitely now my Bittorrent client of choice on the Mac. :D

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, looks really nice. Transmission is fine for me (I'm not a heavy Bittorrent user) but this is definitely something to recommend to people looking for a good Mac Torrent app.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
in such a crowded market, shareware just couldn't bring much interests.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
treblah said:
Looks pretty but doesn't hold a candle to Azureus in the features department.
yeah i agree. I do like the built in web browser thing. But at the end of the day i can't get away from azureus because of the features.

everytime i reinstall on my machines i tell myself i am going to use a different client that is not so "heavy" but i can't bring myself to leave azureus.

b0x

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
I'm going to sound like a bit of a philistine, but I hate azeurus, Transmission works much quicker and better than it, and it just works...

Steve

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
b0x said:
I'm going to sound like a bit of a philistine, but I hate azeurus, Transmission works much quicker and better than it, and it just works...

Steve
Your not a member of any private/invite only trackers are you? ;)

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
*Looks* very pretty, but unless it has a feature list on par with Azureus or uTorrent, it's worthless (to me, and lots of others).

Someone needs to marry that GUI to Azureus — the offspring would be the best bit torrent client "EVAR."

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
treblah said:
Your not a member of any private/invite only trackers are you? ;)

Ya, I mean Bit Rocket, Xtorrent....great, so what?

If they can't be used on certain trackers, they're useless to me.

If a dev is gonna make a new torrent app, the FIRST thing should be protocol to work with the good trackers. If that gets implemented, then I'll drop AZ like a bad habit, but it must be very challenging cuz there's only two or three that are accepted by the big trackers.

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
apfhex said:
*Looks* very pretty, but unless it has a feature list on par with Azureus or uTorrent, it's worthless (to me, and lots of others).

Someone needs to marry that GUI to Azureus — the offspring would be the best bit torrent client "EVAR."

I dont know about the Azureus for mac, but the one for windows uses alot of memory and system resources. I would like to see it trimmed down on the system hogging if it hogs the system resources on the mac side if it does the same thing as it does with windows.