xtorrent

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by L A R E !, Jun 1, 2007.

1. L A R E ! macrumors member

L A R E !

is the unregistered version the same as the registered? what are the difference? should i buy it or not?

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

There should be a description on the site. Unregistered probably means you have limitations or a trial period or both.

3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

In the trial version, random torrents are disabled, or you can't download their content, and after 1 hour of torrenting, the download speed is capped at 10 kb/s.

Before it was that you had to pay for it, obviously those two things didn't happen. It's up to you do decide whether or not to buy it.

4. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

The unregistered version is aweful, and puts random limitations on you every 5 minutes. I personally use Transmission (free) myself, and find it good enough to suit my torrenting needs.

Also, apparently the developer, David Wantabee is a jerk, so if you have a problem, Im not sure what kind of support you are going to get.

5. jpbuckle macrumors newbie

jpbuckle

xtorrent???

hello anybody,does any one know the limit as to how many machines xtorrent can be installed on(same code,i share it with my friends)?i passed it on about 10 times now and i can't get it to register on my own machine now?the feedback is dreadfull for this app.thanks

jaosn

london

6. phrac macrumors member

phrac

I would second the suggestion to use transmission. It is free and works very well: Transmission website

7. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502