Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L A R E !

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
is the unregistered version the same as the registered? what are the difference? should i buy it or not?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
In the trial version, random torrents are disabled, or you can't download their content, and after 1 hour of torrenting, the download speed is capped at 10 kb/s.

Before it was that you had to pay for it, obviously those two things didn't happen. It's up to you do decide whether or not to buy it.

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
The unregistered version is aweful, and puts random limitations on you every 5 minutes. I personally use Transmission (free) myself, and find it good enough to suit my torrenting needs.

Also, apparently the developer, David Wantabee is a jerk, so if you have a problem, Im not sure what kind of support you are going to get.

jpbuckle

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
london,england
xtorrent???

hello anybody,does any one know the limit as to how many machines xtorrent can be installed on(same code,i share it with my friends)?i passed it on about 10 times now and i can't get it to register on my own machine now?the feedback is dreadfull for this app.thanks

jaosn

london

phrac

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2004
hello anybody,does any one know the limit as to how many machines xtorrent can be installed on(same code,i share it with my friends)?i passed it on about 10 times now and i can't get it to register on my own machine now?the feedback is dreadfull for this app.thanks

jaosn

london

I would second the suggestion to use transmission. It is free and works very well: Transmission website

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.