XtremeMac Car Charger cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ranova, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ranova macrumors newbie

Apple recently sent me a free XtremeMac Car Charger kit for messing up some stuff with my order. I was going to ditch the car charging portion and just use the USB cable as a cable to the USB Power Adaptor and keep the one that came with my iPhone in the PC.

When I first plugged it into the USB power adaptor and into my iPhone, it gave me a message:

"This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. ...."

It will notify that this part is not for the iPhone and ask if you would like to enter "Airplane Mode".
    Push the cancel button and the iPhone will begin to charge.

Then I tried it from my PC to the dock, it did not come up with the message but iTunes does not recognize my iPhone, but the photo directory popped up.

In both cases it seemed to be charging, but my question is that if its safe to use this cable...

Thanks apple.

2. spydr macrumors 6502

spydr

I have it and use it only in the car - works as expected. No error messages or anything.

Never occured to me, to plug it in the apple usb iPhone charger. Will give it a try and tell.

3. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

I have one purchased from the Apple store. It stated on the box "Works with iPhone". I also got no error message when I plugged it in in my car.