XtremeMac Tuffwrap for new iPad Review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Smacky, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Smacky macrumors 6502

Hi guys, so I picked up this case today and here's my little review.

I already have a Power Support front protector and Bodyguardz rear skin on my iPad, but wanted a bit of drop/knock protection as well around the house as I hate the sound the iPad makes when you put it down on a hard surface too quickly. Anyway, because of the back skin a lot of solid moulded form fitting cases simply wont fit the iPad. Thus I was looking for something made of silicone/TPU but without being to floppy or adding too much bulk. I happened to come across this XtremeMac case. I liked the feel of the material (felt like my Speck Pixelskin HD for iPhone) so decided to give it a try. Here are the pros and cons I have found so far:

Pros:
    - Sleek and form fitting while providing some shock protection
    - 'Lay on the table' design to protect the screen when placed face down
    - Bumper like protection for the sides of the iPad which are not protected by skins
    - Adds textured grip
    - Protects the whole rear of the iPad including the speaker grille
    - Holes line up well
    - No fingerprints
    - Works well with skins and front protector

Cons:
    - Material may attract dust? However it is not tacky like regular silicone, it is smooth like TPU. Maybe its just the colour which makes dust more visible?
    - Wont work with smart cover

Attached are some pics.

Overall, highly recommended if you just want some around the house protection and dont want a smart cover

Attached Files:

2. Smacky thread starter macrumors 6502

Some more pics

Attached Files:

3. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler