Xtrucase aluminum

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by guccigucci88, Jan 7, 2012.

1. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

2. newone757 macrumors 6502

i dont byt that it doesnt have reception issues at all. The guy tested outside, in an area that already had 5 bars. Lets see him do that in a 1-2 bar area. Id bet money it drops to nothing

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

^This.

The dB range of 5 bars is actually much larger than the range for 1-2 bars. So he user may experience a loss -20dB, if he had an original -50dB [5 bars] signal, he's at -70dB, guess what, still 5 bars. User then touts no signal degradation. User with two bars has a start of -107dB -20 = -127dB, or essentially no signal. [iirc -130dB is as low as you can go before you lose total connection].

4. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Ahh I see. Do you think the same goes for my vapor pro, because so far ive had nothing but 5 bars with the case (even sometimes without it I have had 4 bars). However sometimes in washrooms or places where signal is obviously cut off I will go down to 2 or 1 even.

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Same goes for any aluminum case, though the Vapor Pro line for some twisted reason doesn't wreak havoc on my signal. Seems ElementCase rally did their due diligence with putting that polycarbonate cap where they did [compared to other options out there] imo :)

6. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

Just about everything blocks/absorbs RF. The iPhone 4 was having more issues because of their antenna placement. However with the 4s, you shouldn't see as much degradation.

But just like newone757 said though being inside especially bathrooms with concrete walls will bring your signal down dramatically.

7. Cozmo85, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

Cozmo85 macrumors regular

When does the white duo come out? Or are you planning on offering the frosted silver without the crystals.

edit: also where do i put coupon codes on your website?

edit2: is there a return policy?

8. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

Hello Cozmo85

The XTRUCASE DUO series in Pearl White will be available next week. Marketing is finalizing all the details before it's uploaded to the website.

In regards to coupon codes, you enter it after Paypal. You will be brought back to our site to finalize the cart and checkout.

We have a 30 Day Return Policy, buyer assumes all shipping costs. We're a small shop, we'll do everything to help anybody out.

I hope this helps!

9. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

10. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

Is there any problems using the power button on the slider, will there be a matte silver duo?

Is the power button the main difference other than the design between the duo and the slider. Does the duo have any other features the slider does not?

11. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

Hi Six8,

Yes, authorized retailers and online retailers will showcase our new products before our website will. It's one of our business practices.

12. gjb11 macrumors regular

I actually have a white DUO slider and i'm using it right now. Workmanship is amazing, fit is perfect and the thing feels amazing in hand. Works with screen shields no problem and signal seems ok.

13. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

XTRUCASE Orignal Slider vs DUO Series Slider

Hello Cozmo85

The Original Slider series has an extra large cutout for the On/Off button. It's quite easy to get to, but the DUO series has an integrated CNC On/Off button with a membrane. It's very responsive and feels like the original Apple button.

The main differences besides Original Slider and DUO Series is that the Original Slider (OS) is now our entry level product. To keep up with the market we incorporated the following features on the DUO series.

Price
    Colors (DUO series in Pearl White is an Ultra Hard UV Coating, several other colors only avail on the DUO series)
    Milling (DUO series is milled out more for a lighter feel and beveled edges gives a subtle ballistic look and feel)
    CNC On/Off Button (avail on the DUO)
    Data/Charge Port (Single large open Design, to allow higher compatibility with 3rd Party cables)

As for a Matte Silver DUO series, I'd like to find out what's the demand like first.

Anybody care to Start a Poll?

Thanks!

14. guccigucci88, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Nice, I'm looking to get the white one too to match my white iphone. I'm wondering how secure is the slider piece? I don't want something that will come loose when I pull it out of the pocket. And will it get loose the more you take it out? I switch cases quite often.

To Xtrucase, why is the white one almost double the price of others on ebay?

15. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

hope there is a revised version that has added buttons for volume and power button .. also sim slot covered would be nice ...

16. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

Ordered a anodized graphite slider. Hope it ships out tomorrow

17. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Is this case worth getting if I have an iPhone 4?

18. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

Hi yOyOYoo,

Apple's remedy for the iPhone 4 was a silicone bumper. The purpose of the bumper was to add a small space antenna and the hands of the caller.

What we did was an extra large cut out of the iPhone 4 Antenna's perimeter to allow max signal reception. We then enhanced it by adding a silicone insert so your palm won't make contact with the antenna and suffocate the signal.

This insert also provides a grippy like feel

I personally have the iPhone 4 AT&T and experienced little to no noticeable differences with the case on.

Please let us know how it all works out!

19. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

20. gjb11 macrumors regular

In my DUO test, I saw slight attenuation in 3G and wifi signals. Nothing catastrophic though.

21. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

The Matte Silver on the Orignal Slider looks silverish-white in certain angles, depending on the light.

I can see why a DUO in Matte Silver would look really intriguing.

22. Cozmo85, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

Some people want the same metal look as the original iphone, and on the duo, chrome is the only silvery option. Chrome is a little gaudy for some people.

edit: itd be nice if you also had white iphone photos on your site.

23. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

Ahh, gotcha... like a raw metal look.

I was told the DUO in Pearl White will be up this week.

24. Cozmo85, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

I got my case today and it fits very tight. I was sent the wrong color though, i appear to have gotten a matte graphite thats not listed on your site instead of the shiny anodized graphite i ordered.

The other concern is the top hope for the headphone jack seems like it might partially cover the microphone, though it is raised a bit and may not effect it.

I sent your support group an email and hopefully they can get the correct color to me quickly.

25. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

I emailed support@xtrucase.com for an RMA and the email address doesn't exist. I emailed ecommerce@xtrucase.com and have not gotten a reply.