Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coalie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I have been using a delightful little add in in Excel called XYChartLabeler.xla for years with previous versions of Excel for Mac. It allows me to use cells associated with a list such as say site numbers where the sites are lats and longs, as the labels for the plotted points. You open it up and it appears in Tools menu as chart labels and allows me to choose the list I want to label the points with. So I'm not restricted to the values in say an XY chart.
I can't seem to find any reference to it on the net any more.
The real problem is it doesn't work with Excel 2008. Can anyone offer a solution. Otherwise I'm going back to Excel 2004 which was much better anyway.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
The real problem is it doesn't work with Excel 2008. Can anyone offer a solution. Otherwise I'm going back to Excel 2004 which was much better anyway.
If your add-in relies on VBA then it can't work in Excel 2008. There is nothing that you or anyone else can do to change that. If you want to use Excel on the Mac, then you have no choice but to downgrade to Excel 2004.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.