Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Someone set up a Yahoo account with all my information and has been using my credit card number on sketchy dating sites. However, because Yahoo is the worst company I've ever seen, they have no direct contact, no active online support provided by the company, they leave you at the mercy of fellow users.

I need to figure out how to get into this email. Any suggestions?

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
Someone set up a Yahoo account with all my information and has been using my credit card number on sketchy dating sites. However, because Yahoo is the worst company I've ever seen, they have no direct contact, no active online support provided by the company, they leave you at the mercy of fellow users.

I need to figure out how to get into this email. Any suggestions?

How would you get in the email or why would they give you access. If I understand correctly, the person made the email under your name NOT hacked your Yahoo account?

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
I would be more concerned about the credit card. I would call them and report the fraud then get a new card. As for Yahoo, I don't know if there is much you can do about it.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
The card is done. Yahoo's customer service is a complete and total joke. I can't even report that account for fraud, much less reset the password that's under MY NAME...

Reactions: daflake
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.