yahoo address book on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jouj, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jouj macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm a new iphone user. I am opening my yahoo account from my iphone, but if I want to send an email from there, I can't, because my addressbook is not there!! I noticed that I need to write my contact's email addresses one by one, under the "contacts" icon. Is there a way to have my regular addressbook on Yahoo, not under my contacts?
    Thanks a lot.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You will have to import your Yahoo contacts into the iPhone's Contacts database as the only way the iPhone will autofill the recipient's email address is if that email is present in the contacts database. I believe you can automatically import your Yahoo Contacts database into Outlook or Address Book to sync with iTunes onto your iPhone. Or you can import your Yahoo contacts directly on your iPhone without going though iTunes.

DPA

3. jouj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for the reply, but how can I imports the contacts directly into iPhone?

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

just like he said you will need to save all info to outlook then when you sync with iTunes check the box to sync with Outlook and when you sync all the contacts will be there.