Yahoo BizMail sync Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HeadGear, Feb 28, 2012.

1. HeadGear, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

HeadGear macrumors member

I know you're wondering why did I post this in the MacBook Pro section, well this is what my client is using along with an iMac and iPhone 4S.

My problem:

Client has a yahoo biz mail account (looks like: jason@mycompany.com) instead of it saying jason@bizmail.yahoo.com. It's a POP3 account (might answer the question)

We installed the account on the iPhone 4S, MacBook Pro and iMac. However none of the e-mails sync up together. i.e. if I delete an e-mail it doesn't delete anywhere else, if I move an e-mail on one computer it's not moved on anything else. I believe this is a POP issue. Does Yahoo biz mail allow you to switch to IMAP and would this fix my problem or should I try and switch the account over to GMAIL since I know it can handle this and if so what is the best process (export all e-mails, import and have them show on all 3 mac devices).

Thanks for the help!

---EDIT----

Found this link: http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/switch.html#why

Main question is if I do this will it allow me to keep my @mycompany.com or will my new address be @gmail.com?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is not so much a POP "issue", rather it is exactly how POP is supposed to behave.

Not sure if they allow switching to IMAP, but if they do it would fix your problem.