Yahoo Calendar Linkage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stockcerts, Feb 16, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I have a friend who just got an IPhone and he is interested in linking his calendar to his existing Yahoo calendar. I'm not sure how you do that as I link with my Mac calendar (glad I'm not a PC user!). Does anyone here link to Yahoo and have a good process for doing so?

Thanks!

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I'm not aware of any way to do that.

You'll need to find third party software to sync your friends Yahoo Calendar with either iCal or Outlook then sync to your iPhone through iTunes.

3. siufai macrumors member

he can export his Yahoo calendar and import it into Gmail and use the Exchange setup to link his Gmail Calendar to the phone.

4. orangemog macrumors newbie

orangemog

Assuming he uses Outlook or Outlook Express (possibly other clients too but i haven't tested) and syncs from that to his iPhone using iTunes, he can use the Yahoo Intellisync plugin to then sync with Yahoo Mail/Calendar.

Log on to yahoo webmail and click on Calendar, click on Sync in the top right, Click on Install Now and follow the instructions.

After he's installed it, he may need to go into the advanced settings to tweak his setup - by default the wizard only seems to sync with Outlook Express, there's a LOT more options in the advanced settings.

My setup is a bit more convoluted because I do it all OTA. I have an Exchange account set up that pushes my mail/contacts/calendar. I then installed Yahoo Autosync on my work pc so that whenever I make changes to either Yahoo or Exchange, it updates everywhere instantly. Oh, and it's also on my PC at home. Who needs mobileme?! :D