Yahoo Contacts Sync Itunes 11 iOS 6.01 not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mrfatboy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

I just noticed that my contacts are not syncing anymore with Yahoo. I'm not sure when it stopped. I'm assuming when I got my iphone 5. I just did a restore from my iphone 4s and all my contacts were there so I assume it just worked.

The other issue is that itunes 11 not longer has a yahoo sync options. After googling somebody said it is now missing in older version of itunes also. I have not verified that though.

So what's going on? Has apple stop supporting Yahoo contact sync? Why is it not in itunes anymore?

If you have yahoo contacts syncing with you iphone how are you doing it? I have tried the carddav method as well as just setting up a standard yahoo account (mail and contacts turned on)

thanks

2. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow. 775 views so far and not one suggestion? Does anybody have yahoo contact syncing working at all?

3. mooch91 macrumors newbie

I believe this is an issue with Yahoo servers. I've been syncing contacts with Yahoo on another device for months using the CardDAV protocol and last week it just suddenly stopped working. I deleted the account from my phone and tried to re-add it, but it never authenticates. Got in contact with the developer of that sync app who said that the errors coming back are errors that indicate Yahoo's server isn't responding.

I'm trying to get Yahoo to acknowledge the problem, but it's not easy working through their customer service/tech support. I would suggest you do the same at http://help.yahoo.com.

In the meantime, if anyone else has it working, or is also having problems, please chime in!

4. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yahoo /iphone contact syncing has been spotty at best. They had problems last year when ios 5 came out on my 4s. I was using the cardDAV system at that time.

When ios 6 came out and I got my iphone 5 I read the you had to switch back to just use the standard yahoo account (mail, contacts, calendar, notes) for it to work. It did until I noticed it was broken last week. I think it broke long before that tho.

I can't believe yahoo doesn't keep on top of this stuff. Very shoddy!

I wonder if it has something to do with iTunes dropping the yahoo option from its contact sync.

Maybe we are the only 2 people in the world that use yahoo contacts on the iphone so they don't care. :)

5. mooch91 macrumors newbie

I've found that integrating anything Yahoo in to my mobile devices has been tough. Mail was a real pain for me. Very little information to be found online - which confirms that most have probably moved away from Yahoo in favor of something else. Wish I wasn't so locked in to it...

I'm not using it on an Apple device, I'm on Android, but I am using the CardDAV protocol which is the same as the former iOS requirement. It worked fine for months, then stopped. I got in touch with the developer of the Android CardDAV app and he indicated the error message was consistent with a Yahoo server issue.

I've been back-and-forth with Yahoo customer service four times now about this. They just keep directing me to help articles that are not so helpful. Most reference setting up the Yahoo Mail app on Android. I'm pretty sure they don't know what CardDAV is when I mention it to them...

6. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have always used the default ios mail app with my Yahoo imap mail accounts since 2008. Never once did I have a problem. They work perfectly and are in perfect sync with yahoo mail in my browser. Yahoo Calendar also sync perfectly and I am also sharing both my calendar and viewing my wife's yahoo calendar on my iphone.

Yahoo contacts has been the only thing that is problematic.

But I suspect there is a bigger problem going on since itunes11 dropped built in Yahoo contact sync. I'm not sure if it is technical or yahoo just pissed off apple. :eek:

7. LisaF macrumors newbie

I'm Not Alone!

I'm contributing so I can keep track of wth is going on with this issue. I've tried several workarounds via various blogs/sites (typing an e-mail within the Safari browser, deleting it, then deleting notes / deleting account and re-adding it, etc.).

I have no answer, but have my fingers crossed someone else has one. In the meantime, I've copied all my contacts to a gmail account and am syncing that way, but this is also an irritating workaround, as I can't find a way to view my contacts in the iMailG app for iOS5.

WHAT A PAIN.

I love Yahoo! mail, calendar and contact features... until some issue like this arises.

8. LizabethD macrumors newbie

Bring Yahoo! Sync back

Frustrated here, too. Waiting for an answer and/or fix. Adding a reply in case someone has the answer!

9. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm amazed that there is not more of an uproar over this which makes me think nobody cares or there is a way to do it but we just don't know how :)

Yahoo calendar sync works perfectly for across multiple idevices and sharing multiple calendars.

Go figure :(

10. Vle Souprou macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Any update on yahoo contact synchronisation issue with iTunes 11?
    Please help.

11. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have not check to see if it work again since I switched over to google contact sync. Yahoo was too flakey for my taste. It's a bummer since I use yahoo mail mostly.

12. wuzen macrumors newbie

I had the same issue with Yahoo! sync being removed from iTunes and I found that the easiest way is to have iTunes sync your contacts to Address Book in you Mac and then have Address Book sync with Yahoo!. Not sure what a Windows solution would be.

13. ChattyCathy macrumors newbie

Yahoo Calendar

Has anyone had issues with synching Yahoo Calendar after updating to IOS6.4? If so did you finda solution?

14. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502