Yahoo! domain registration?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by klb028, Aug 9, 2007.

1. klb028 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you were familiar with (or use) Yahoo! for registering your domain(s). I had a few questions and I'd love some help. Just PM me if you do, thanks! :)

2. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

I started out using them, but didn't stay there long, their customer service sucks,now i use go daddy, they are great, and they are less money

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I registered a domain under their $2.99 promo. Once expired they were rude and forceful with me about renewing 2 months prior to the domain was even expired.
    I still have it under them, but I refuse to transfer anything else to them.

4. mkaake macrumors 65816

I signed up during a 1.99 promotion. It works, so I guess I can't complain.

Take that back, I just checked my yahoo email - first time in about a year - and I can complain.

I signed up for my domain on the 18th of this month, last year... and they changed my domain registration to ending on the 3rd of the month, instead of the 17th, like the original agreement stated. And they changed my billing to auto-bill without my consent.

Fortunately (I'm not a fan of money being drawn from my account without my expressed approval), the card it was opened with was tied to a bank account I closed when I moved earlier this year. But it put my domain in past-due status, which prevented me from transferring the domain ($7 with godaddy for 2 years on a transfer, rather than 10/year with yahoo), even though my account should have been active for at least another 3 days before that happened.

So count me as ticked off. Very ticked. I've contacted their customer service, and we'll see what (if anything) they do about it...