Yahoo email doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 213rules, Oct 29, 2008.

1. 213rules macrumors member

OK, so I had made another thread, but no one solved my problem there, so I am going to try again.

Whenever I try to log on to my email account on my iPod touch 2G with 2.1 firmware, it won't work. It says "Cannot connect to imap.mail.yahoo.com. Username or password is incorrect." But I know that my password is right. It works on my computer. Oh, and I have reset my password 4 times, but they never work! When I contacted Yahoo!, they didn't know what to do either!

And don't say that Yahoo mail doesn't work for the iPod touch. That's only for 1.13 firmware or lower.

So could somebody PLEASE HELP ME?

2. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

do you have Yahoo Mail Plus? POP3 and forwarding only works with Yahoo Mail Plus...

how did you get imap.mail.yahoo.com?

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Yahoo! provides free IMAP access to Yahoo! Mail on the iPhone and iPod touch.

To the original poster, I would simply delete the account completely from your iPod and then re-add it. Since it is IMAP, you wouldn't lose any messages.

4. tnsmart macrumors 6502

I had this problem for a while also, and after a lot of contact with Yahoo, I finally solved it. Make sure that your password (or username) doesn't have any weird characters like !@#$%… etc. in it. Mine had a & sign and I guess for some reason, when its encrypted it does it wrong and is sent incorrectly. If your password has any weird characters, try changing it. I don't know how to help you with username though.