Yahoo email is getting worse

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trlyka, Oct 28, 2013.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I am not sure what is going on with Yahoo mail lately, but every time I turn around, they release a version for the computer that was worse then the one before.

I just recently let my Macbook Pro update and Yahoo email is yet again different. The emails are all in one? If you reply or compose, you don't get a tab, it just opens under the same window? It's really annoying and confusing to a point.

The reason I point this out is because it isn't like this on a Windows computer. Only my Macbook. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's going on. I may have to start using one of my other email accounts like gmail if Yahoo doesn't get their ***** together :rolleyes:

2. mic j macrumors 68030

already dropped Yahoo (after using it for probably over 20 years) because of their lousy email. Switched to gmail and have had no problems since.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Yahoo just made an upgrade..hate it. It is way too different and hard to use.

I'd consider changing, but my main e-mail address is yahoo and I have it used in so many places it would be a nightmare to change.

4. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Same with me. EVERYTHING is Yahoo email. I wonder if they are purposely making it suck so we upgrade to the plus email that we have to pay for?:confused:

5. jtara macrumors 65816

Are you using some special Yahoo mail app? Why? Can't you just use IMAP to access your Yahoo mail from the email client of your choice?

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

I already have the plus package; it doesnt make any difference.

7. palmharbor macrumors 6502

aol free

Get a free email account with AOL...screw yahoo...I had all kinds of problems as it would not recognize the password...I just deleted it.

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Can't you set up a re-routing to a different mail if you don't like it yet don't want to switch?

Or, as mentioned above, use a different client app, like Mail?

9. mic j macrumors 68030

Mavericks has improved Yahoo Mail for me

Mine has been working perfectly since upgrading to Mavericks. Gmail has not. Sometimes you can't delete an email. It keeps re-apperaring. Found that you could put it in the trash, immediately quit Mail, start again and it will delete. Obviously not the way it should work.

10. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I have always just gone to the yahoo email site. I never used email clients except at work. I have to figure how to create my yahoo email to go into the Mac email program and see how that works out.

----------

I am not going to just delete my yahoo account. I have everything I do attached to my yahoo email. It would take me months to get around to all the things I use my email with. I wish it were that easy :rolleyes:

11. ivnj macrumors 65816

Use "betterwebmail" on iphone or "inky" for mac.

12. mic j macrumors 68030

All you have to do is go to Mail>add new account>select the Yahoo option and it will set up as an IMAP account in about 2 seconds. Then you will receive your Yahoo email in Mac Mail. Really is very simple.

13. Jedi Master macrumors regular

Them in time you'll get a password error.

Them in time you'll get a password error.

I'd start the switch, maybe star start with it being forwarded.
    It's been a problem for about a year.

14. mic j macrumors 68030

I am well aware of the Yahoo password request issue as I have posted in several threads about it and it was the reasons I switched to Gmail. However, since upgrading to Mavericks (and maybe an upgrade by Yahoo to their mail service?), I have not had one password error. Not saying it will last forever, but it has been rock solid for over a week now and before I couldn't go an 10 minutes without getting a password request.

15. old-wiz macrumors G3

AOL still exists? really???

16. mic j macrumors 68030

lol Whenever I see an AOL address, I think of someone who has dial-up. :)

17. old-wiz macrumors G3

dial-up still exists too? good grief..