Yahoo! Email Not Displaying Properly in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Axemantitan, May 19, 2008.

1. Axemantitan macrumors 6502

Lately, the Yahoo! email web page has not been displaying properly. The normal email functions all work, but the buttons at the top are all compressed into the top left and are plain links instead of graphical buttons. It displays normally in Firefox. I have not installed any third-party software nor any modifications to Safari. Before I send a bug report to Apple, I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if you remember when it occurred (i.e. if a software update might have broken something.)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It displays fine for me. Which version of MacOS X and which version of Safari are you using?

3. Axemantitan thread starter macrumors 6502

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Safari Version 3.1.1 (4525.18).

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I use the same versions. Works great even though Yahoo! Mail's new web-based client is still in beta with respect to Safari.

5. Karloz macrumors newbie

firewall configuration

I'm having the same trouble.
    I'm behind a firewall.

I opened all the ports for a specific computer and the page renders fine. But If I leave open only the "web ports" (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, POP3, IMAP, IMAPS, POP3S) it doesn't display properly.

Any ideas as to which ports does it need?

6. MechaSpanky macrumors 6502

MechaSpanky

Axemantitan,

On one of my computers I'm running Tiger (10.4.11) but I'm using Safari Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4) with no problems. Why not upgrade Safari and see if that fixes your problem? Or you could try FireFox or Camino and see how they work. I also use both FireFox and Camino occasionally and they work fine with Yahoo Mail.

Mecha

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You do understand that you responded to a 4-year-old post, don't you?

8. MechaSpanky macrumors 6502

MechaSpanky

Actually, no I didn't realize that it was a 4 year old post. I saw the thread from the main page (which doesn't show the creation date) and it looked like it was active, as Karloz had just made a post. I didn't think to check when the thread had been started. I just thought it was a new post but I should have checked when it was first started. Even though the post was 4 years old, I still use the same software on one of my computers (OS X 10.4.11) and I just thought that maybe there were a few others out there that still use Tiger.

It did seem odd to me that Axemantitan was using an old version of Safari and hadn't considered checking for updates. If I had known it was such an old thread, I never would have made a post. I will have to pay more attention to when the threads were started as there seems to be more and more old threads that are being "revived" for some reason.