Yahoo Fantasy Sports

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RJ17, Sep 5, 2008.

1. RJ17 macrumors regular

I know I can use Safari and the regular fantasysports.yahoo.com page, but I am wondering if there is a mobile interface for yahoo fantasy sports to use while connected on edge?

2. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I wish. The only reason I'm still with Yahoo! to do fantasy is because I've accumulated a nice trophy case over the years that I want to keep building upon. ESPN and CBS have free stat tracker. Ugh.

3. xolan99 macrumors regular

I've seen m.yahoo.com/fantasy advertised but if you go there, there is only a coming soon image.

4. pavvento macrumors 6502

Safari is pretty good on the iPhone for yahoo sports, but I too wish there was an app for it. What really kills me is you can't use stat tracker because it requires flash.

5. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Good to know.. I was actually thinking of buying StatTracker (I had it last year when I had a BB).. I'd have been ticked when I realized it wouldn't work.

6. Bodah macrumors regular

The live HTML scoring works with the iPhone, you just need to click on Match Up on the left.

You need to pay for stattracker to have it be live.

As I mentioned in another thread, www.screamingsports.com looks like it might work good. I tested it during the game last night, and its scores were the same as yahoo. It is currently free. You can also set your lineups from your phone, and it has a mobile version that is just plain text, no graphics.

7. dhomick10 macrumors newbie

Y! Fan for iPhone Now Available

Check out my newest app called MyFantasyTeams at www.myfantasyteamsapp.com

It just got added to the app store and is now available for download. It provides an iPhone specific interface to manage your Yahoo! FantasySports teams. You can set your roster, view your standings, track live scores via boxscores or stat tracker (if you have it), and more.

Future versions will add support for transactions, message board access, among other things.

Take a look. I know it will accomplish exactly what you (and hopefully thousands of others) are looking for.

Its available for BlackBerry and iPhone and can be found in the App World and App Store respectively.

8. Miker2k macrumors regular

I'll check this out when it's time for football again. thanks!

9. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

YOU ARE THE MAN! This is in my TOP 3 apps of all time! I love Fantasy Baseball and Football and can't wait to try this out.:)

10. cyclone84 macrumors regular

Epic win.

I just downloaded it and it seems to work okay. I am not in a league at the moment but my upcoming MLB league shows up. If all goes well, I will buy the Pro version (which allows more than one team per sport) as soon as I sign up for another MLB league.

Note: if you search "Y! Fan" in the app store, you have to scroll down and press "Show next 25..." free and pro are apps #31 and 35, respectively.

11. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Wow pretty awesome app. Gotta say so far I am impressed.

12. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

downloaded and installed, i will give it a try tonight. Does it support the NASCAR leagues also?

13. dhomick10 macrumors newbie

It does NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, MLB Baseball, and NFL Football at the moment. No support for NASCAR, nor is it planned at this point. Sorry.

We also have a March Madness app called iBracket (http://www.ibracketapp.com) that is available.

Glad to hear the positive feedback so far. The current version doesn't have a ton of features at this point outside of what we felt were core to the app. (Changing rosters, viewing stats, accessing boxscores, etc...). We have added a number of additional features already and should have an upgrade ready to go in short order (pending apple's approval of course) that will add message board support, add some more stats, make it easier to add your teams, and improve some usability aspects.

I have been using it personally for weeks now...about eight times a day...lol!

14. cyclone84 macrumors regular

Thanks to you (and your team?) for putting this out. Couple of notes:

-Once the word gets out, your servers are in for a pounding during baseball season.
    -Your icon isn't exactly eye-catching.
    -I will gladly pay $2.99 to support further development of this app.
    -Are you in any violation of yahoo! terms of service, and are you concerned about their reaction to your app?

15. efice32 macrumors 6502

16. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Wirelessly posted (8Gb iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I can help out with an icon if you're interested.

17. mpalermo14 macrumors newbie

We are definitely liking the feedback on the app.

Regarding the icon, what would you like to see added too it to make it stand out? As we do plan to release an update soon, we will do our best to make the icon more appealing!

18. Bodah macrumors regular

Wow!! I would have loved to have had this during football season. Only about 6 more months to go.

19. Hoagie52 macrumors member

Thanks for making stuff like this. The fantasy world
    Loves you. Keep up the good work.

20. dhomick10 macrumors newbie

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Its much appreciated.

If you guys feel so inclined, please add a review to the app in the app store. Although many people have emailed us or posted to forums to tell us how much they like the app, we still don't have a single review in the app store :(

Also, I hope you guys don't mind, but i want to use some of the comments here in the description for the app as anonymous testimonials. If anyone who has commented on here has an issue with that, please let me know and i won't use your comments.

Thanks again everyone and just to let you know...we should have an upgrade coming out shortly that adds live scoreboard, news, message board support and some other goodies.

21. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

Great app, thanks. I passed it along to a few friends..

22. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Awesome app, 4 ppl in my league have iphones and will use this. Thanks!!!

23. dhomick10 macrumors newbie

Y! Fan is now MyFantasyTeams

Y! Fan has been renamed to MyFantasyTeams. Update your search terms accordingly.

24. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Does this app work for anything other then Yahoo fantasy football leagues?

For anybody else, which site has the best app for managing your fantasy football league? CBS maybe? I have the CBS Sports app but I don't know how thorough the fantasy section is on it. I'm in charge of setting up a league this year so I want to pick a site that I'm able to manage easily through my phone.

25. bignoggins macrumors newbie