Yahoo! IMAP Problems In Mail 5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JPM42, Jul 24, 2011.

1. JPM42 macrumors 6502

Since using Yahoo! IMAP in the new Mail, when importing my Yahoo! account, I have a duplicate folder labelled "Yahoo!" with essentially the same folders: inbox, sent, drafts, bulk, trash, etc.

I'd rather not have that duplicate folder and would prefer to have everything handled in the Mailboxes portion of Mail. I have tried deleting the Yahoo! folder, but an error message comes up preventing me from doing that.

Another problem when I send any messages from the Yahoo! account, is it goes to the "Sent" folder in the Yahoo! portion, as opposed to the Sent folder of the Mailboxes portion.

I learned how to fix this behavior in my Gmail accounts, but I'm not sure how to fix this problem with Yahoo! If anyone has any tips, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. zorrro macrumors newbie

Having the same problem. Does anybody have a solution?

3. aussie guy macrumors newbie

Select the "Sent" mailbox in the Yahoo section, go to"Mailbox" menu, and then right at the bottom you should see an option "Use This Mailbox For" You can then select "Sent" and you you should be all set to go.

4. zorrro macrumors newbie

5. JPM42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, Aussie Guy! Unfortunately, that only managed to work for my drafts folder. It's strange: when I imported my Yahoo! account, all my "Sent" messages were in the "Mailbox" portion of Mail. As I want them to be. However, in the Yahoo! section, there is a duplicate "Sent" folder, but it is empty. When I tried to move this mailbox, per your instructions, a new "Sent Messages" folder is created in the Yahoo! section. This has my actual sent messages. When I move my "Trash" folder, then a "Deleted Messages" folder is created in the Yahoo! section. It just flips back and forth.

When I try to delete, I get this error message: "The IMAP command “DELETE” failed with server error: DELETE failed - Mailbox is reserved - "Sent Mail."

Very strange...