Yahoo Mail and Mac Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ks-man, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I don't know if this is possible, but figured I should ask as this is getting more and more frustrating.

I use Yahoo mail (have been for about 8-9 years). I now read my mail through the web, download it to Mail on my iMac, iPhone and now iPad. I like using the native Mail applications on each device rather than going to the web, but I use the webpage when I'm at work.

This becomes a real pain when I want to delete mail that I don't want. I do like leaving it on the server so I can check old e-mails from any location. Is there a way to manage all of this so I don't have to delete about 20-30 unneeded mail messages from 4 different places? It becomes pretty annoying seeing that same message that I deleted twice before show up on another device (along with 100 others) if I don't check a device for a few days.

Thanks.

2. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I am curious to hear a concrete answer to your question. I know it has something to do with how you set the accounts up on your devices, but im not exactly sure on the specifics. Hopefully someone can explain..