Yahoo Mail and Push now working on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Angelo921, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Has anyone else noticed that their yahoo mail is pushing like it should be now? I have a yahoo mail plus account and I have noticed that last week that my emails in my yahoo account were being pushed to me right away. I even tested it by sending test emails from different accounts (such as hotmail, and gmail) and once I sent those email from my pc they showed up on my iPhones yahoo inbox within 30 seconds. If I sent from another yahoo test email account it showed up right away. I also noticed that if there is no new emails out there for my yahoo account that my iPhone wont check for it because the "Updated: section shows 2 hours before. It only fetches it if there is an email out there to grab.

I would assume that this is the correct way yahoo push mail should be working.

Anyone else test this or noticed the change?

thanks
    Angelo

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

yahoo mail?
    Uhhh sure it seems to work reasonable well for a free service.
    Can`t speak for most but suspect they either gmail or .mac their mail.

3. woashad macrumors newbie

It Doesn T Work Better....

On my side...it's still working when it wants...Sometimes it pushes right awayws...sometimes 2-3 hours later...or only when I'm playing in the menu of my iphone. Wish this service was 100% working.
    I hope .MAC will have their own service soon.....

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Working much better since 1.1.2

Since 1.1.2 mind has been working fine. Maybe sometimes delayed but have not really noticed. The problem with completely stopping (major problem) has not happened since 1.1.2.

This is the way it should have worked from the beginning. After 6 months I would have thought they would have release more features. I was expecting over the air Contacts and Calendar sync by now. But at lease they got the mail working pretty well, at least for me.

5. woashad macrumors newbie

My version

is 1.1.2 too and it still doesn't push. It does not push at all today. I have to do a manual check to receive my e-mail. I'm really wondering where the problem could be,,,,,:confused:

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah it has been working much better now, on all our phones.