Yahoo Mail being upgraded.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ashwood11, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I received an e-mail from Yahoo today telling me to upgrade Yahoo Mail. Anyone know how this will effect us iPad users? I use Safari on my laptop and you must upgrade Safari to version 4 minimum. The iPad doesn't give a version number for iPad Safari.

2. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I've been using Yahoo mail on my iPad, through the mail app and haven't had any problems. I am not sure about Safari.

3. Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you receive the e-mail and did you select the upgrade button? I use Yahoo Mail on both my iPad and laptop Mac but I have not upgraded yet. Yahoo states they will continue to support the current version for several more months and then we must upgrade. I'm wondering if I choose to upgrade from either iPad or Mac if it effects both. Also will it effect how iPads Mail app interacts with Yahoo?

4. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

Yes, I upgraded a while ago.. Its basically just the LOOK of the mailbox.. I mean they changed behind the scenes things, but it hasn't effected usage (supposed to be faster).

5. Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply! Wanted to verify before upgrade.

6. Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

I opened the e-mail message in "Mail" on my iPad about the upgrade and selected the upgrade button which took me to the Yahoo web site. I chose to upgrade and received the following message.

"Your web browser doesn’t support Yahoo! Mail Beta"

?????

7. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

I got the same message using Safari on my G5 at work.

Went back to using the old version of Yahoo mail.

8. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I upgraded on my computer at home, and then noticed the way it is displayed on my ipad changed. I am using the safari browser, but i noticed in the address bar it does give me a 'mobile' URL.. not sure

9. Ashwood11 thread starter macrumors 65816

I checked out the "mobile" link and it was for phones.