iPod touch Yahoo mail can't connect

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by heartandsoil, Nov 19, 2014.

1. heartandsoil macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum. I've searched and tried numerous things to deal with this issue. All failed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have an iPod Touch 4. Running IOS 6.1.6 (the latest version).

I have 2 Yahoo accounts I check email with on the iPod. Both have worked fine for years. As of yesterday morning, just one of these accounts stopped sending/rec'g email. The message: "Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed". The other is fine and continues to receive email.

I haven't updated my IOS lately, haven't changed my Yahoo password, etc. No changes whatsoever.

I've now tried deleting my faulty account several times and re-creating. I've also tried changing my Yahoo password (through my PC) and then entering the new one in on the iPod through Settings. I've tried rebooting the iPod several times. Nothing works.

I can see all my Yahoo folders, but can't access anything.

I'd love any suggestions. This seems to be a stupid glitch and nothing seems to be working.

Thank you!

2. heartandsoil thread starter macrumors newbie

Um...

So, a few hours later and email is now working fine on the iPod Touch 4, for both accounts. I've done nothing other than what I stated earlier.

Go figure! Gotta love technology.

Urgggh. So frustrating. I'm at a loss as to what actually happened.