Yahoo Mail hangs on Safari after updates

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hatori Honzi, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Hatori Honzi macrumors newbie

My friend has a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard with the latest updates installed today. She then used Safari to check her Yahoo Mail, but it hung after logging on and clicking on a message (busy waiting icon with no ability to navigate within the Yahoo Mail app.) No problem with Facebook on Safari. Her data phone (not an iPhone) had no problems with Yahoo Mail. Her native Mac firewall was turned off (Is that by default?) I couldn’t turn it on because she couldn’t remember her security preferences password. I wondered if she got owned when she was on Slingo the other day. She said she got a popup saying that her password was compromised and she needed to reset it. She isn’t computer savvy, so I tried to install ClamXAV, but ran into the forgotten password issue. Will borrow a friend's installation disk tomorrow to reset the password as she can't find the disk either (double bubble toil and trouble!) I checked the downrightnow.com site, and it showed problems on Yahoo Mail today, so maybe it was coincidental. Does Safari need any third party updates to run Yahoo Mail?

2. Hatori Honzi thread starter macrumors newbie

Update of Yahoo Mail access on Safari

I installed Firefox on the Macbook Pro and it runs Yahoo Mail with no problem.
    Might be a keychain issue in Safari or a browser setting. She tells me that the busy waiting icon went 45 minutes on Safari last night with no access. 3rd party cookies are denied. What's up with Safari? Or is it Yahoo Mail compatibility issues? A friend of hers has the same issue. She can access her Yahoo Mail from her iPad and data phone but not the Macbook.

3. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

having the EXACT problem! have you figured it out???

4. Hatori Honzi thread starter macrumors newbie

update on eternal beach ball

Not yet. Haven't talked with her since this post. She is using Firefox as default browser. As long as she can use her Yahoo! Mail, she doesn't care about using Safari particularly. It was severely compromised this past year. I think Macs have more issues than we know about.