yahoo mail on safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidwarren, Oct 9, 2007.

1. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

OK, so since I got my macbook a few months ago, I have not been able to use the new yahoo mail on safari, the original yahoo mail works fine, but not the new style. Starting today, I have been able to use the new yahoo mail; also for the first time, it is not the beta mail. So I guess they finally made it safari compatible.

Does it work for everyone else or is it a fluke on my computer? (I could get access to yahoo mail beta once in a blue moon before, but not consistently)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Oh, for Pete's sake! Can't you read? Yahoo clearly states that Safari is not supported for the new Yahoo Mail. However, it now gives Safari users the option to ignore this fact. To call the Yahoo Mail "compatible" with Safari is to turn the term on its head. My first time trying it resulted in a crash.

On the one hand, I am happy to see that Yahoo is making progress. On the other hand, I don't see what is taking Yahoo so long. Safari-compatible webmail is not an unsolved problem.

3. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

I'm running Safari 3 and having no problems here - no crashes.

My girlfriend also runs Yahoo and Safari without incident.

Anyway - you could of course make sure that you have Safari 3. If you do, it may be the case that you have to use Firefox...

Safari has gone strange on me in the past, but never on a specific webpage, rather just general crashes. If this is the case with you, trash and re-install safari. You could also try creating a new user for the above.

Good luck.

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I just tried to login to Yahoo mail and I couldn't get the new version with safari 3. Not that that's an issue for me - I only use webmail when I'm away from my mac.

5. stevejust macrumors newbie

Loaded Lepoard, and now can't access yahoo mail. Won't let me log in.

6. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Hi...

If you go to the Yahoo Mail login page you will see an option to continue in spite of the fact that your browser is not supported... you will find that it works just fine.

7. Ariez macrumors regular

Will not work with Safari, but you can always use another browser or just login with regular HTML without all the AJAX jazz.

8. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

works for me

It works fine with Safari...