Yahoo mail Push notification broken in ios4 on 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jkazmeyer, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

Any one else having issues with push notifications not working on their 3GS running os4? Any find this issue on iPhone 4? It's driving me crazy.... I've tried restoring the os, deleting and restoring the mail account.... Nothing.... I'd appreciate any ideas....

2. Matthew. macrumors regular

I'm also having problems. I'm only getting an alert sound and a badge when an email is received - no notification message. And if the Mail app is already in the background, nothing gets pushed at all. Interestingly, if the Mail app is removed from the app switcher when an email has been received, I'll get a notification almost immediately, sans the notification message.

Are these the same bugs you're experiencing?

Hopefully Apple release a fix for this in 4.0.1.

3. Jkazmeyer thread starter macrumors regular

I'm getting no alerts or badges... Nothing at all.... I haven't tried stopping it from backgrounding... I had not thought of that.... I'm gonna try it & see what happens... I've been missing emails left & right... I hope they fix it too, I wonder if the problem is actually with yahoo, not the os...it's the only email address I have that uses push... That's why I use it for work...

EDIT: So you were spot on Matthew, thank you. I stopped mail, and push came back. That was an easy fix.

4. randallking macrumors member

randallking

Same problem

I'm having the same issue. Yahoo push email isn't working since I upgraded to iOS 4. I've restarted the phone, and I've also tried manually closing the Mail app using the new feature in iOS that lets you force an app to close. However, the Mail app still only fetches my Yahoo mail instead of pushing to my device when there's a new message.

5. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

I was getting Yahoo mail push failure on my 3GS in iOS4, as well, and force-closing Mail did the trick for me just now, too. Many thanks! But I'm not liking the new "multitasking" in iOS4. I was never one of those who was panting after it in the first place, and now I really understand why not. But that's off topic, so I'm outta here. Thanks again for the fix!