Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2005
so, I have had this problem now about five days in the past 20.

Overnight, mail which I have deleted, mail which I have EMPTIED from the iphone trash, mail which doesn't appear to still be on the yahoo server, so no other client receives them, and webmail doesn't show them.

Overnight, it COMES BACK TO LIFE and reappears in my inbox?

I wake up and have like 80 emails, from back at least a WEEK sometimes, all showing as new and unread. I have DELETED and PURGED these emails.

I don't know how this comes back, where are they coming from? I have the strange feeling that there is a deleted and emptied database that caches everything and somehow they get put back?

this is ONLY with my yahoo mail setup on the iphone, not gmail or mobileme.

Anyone else have this problem? could this have something to do with the spotlight search/cache bug?

macslayer118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Dallas, TX
I've had this issue in the past, not to the extreme you've mentioned, but every now and then an old email I deleted from the phone comes back, even though it's not on yahoo if I log in.

Mine started before 3.0 though, so I don't think it's a spotlight issue. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.