Yahoo mail stopped updating today - ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nhwhazup, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I put this up in the troubleshooting section as well but want to know if anyone else is having the same problem.

This morning I received my last yahoo email update on my iPhone through the regular mail app. It is working fine on desktop mode in Safari. Checking my ipad all was fine until this afternoon around 3:42 when the updating also stopped in the mail app.

Anyone else having this issue or do you know how to fix it? It is totally annoying to have to go into the full desktop yahoo email to check it separately. Any suggestions are welcome. I deleted it and reinstalled. I changed the password and shutdown and restarted my iPhone as well.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It might help to know what version of iOS you are on.

3. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

IOS 8.2 on both the iPhone and iPad.

4. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

From Downtracker - lots of others in the U.S. and Spain with the same problems so I guess I'll just chill out as the problem is likely with Yahoo and not my iPhone or iPad.

5. tobindia macrumors member

Any updates on this issue? I've been having the same problem on my iPad (IOS 8.2) for a 1.5 weeks now. My iCloud mail account works fine on Mail. It's just my Yahoo account.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Have you checked with Yahoo? If they say all is well try deleting your account on your device and re doing it.