yahoo mail

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TillysWily, Jun 12, 2011.

1. TillysWily macrumors regular

ok iv looked at quit a few threads on how to get yahoo on the mail app and i still cant get it to work. I dont wanna pay for the mail at all so I need to get it to work

2. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Yahoo makes you pay for POP access. Drop them and go with Gmail. You'll be happier for it.

3. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Yeah, it's a bummer, neither Mail nor Outlook will work since Yahoo are such cheapos and make you pay for what's essentially considered standard in email (POP access). That's precisely why I started using Sparrow for Mac and it works excellently with my Yahoo! and Google mail accounts, and has a clean interface. You will have to dish out $10 though, since the free version only works with GMail.

4. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

yea it pisses me off that they did that bc I cant change my email I got to much stuff going to it to change

5. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

6. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

yea I saw that also but yes it has changed they fixed that loop lol you cant manage the pop account or change to asia

7. njaremka macrumors 6502

i use yahoo mail. its not that hard to just open safari or firefox and make yahoo mail your home page...