yahoo mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Toneboat923, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Toneboat923 macrumors member

Kinda a noob thing, but i am trying to setup the osx mail client to work with my yahoo mail, to sum it up its not reconizing the server settings..anyone have any ideas? I cant seem to find what I need when I check on yahoo.

2. deriko100 macrumors 6502

You need Yahoo Mail Plus it lets you use 3rd party apps like mail on it, its $20.00 a month.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you give us more details?

POP3 settings, servers for incoming and outgoing mail, ....?

Beware that Yahoo Mail doesn't support IMAP.

From emailaddressmanager.com:

Yahoo! Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:
    Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)
    Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)

Found via Google.

PS:

1. at deriko100: strange, I used Mail to access my Yahoo Mail before, and I have the free variant and not the Plus one.

2. you could use Google Mail to access Yahoo Mail, and then use Mail.app for using the Google Mail account (via IMAP), but if that is possible, so should using Mail.app and the Yahoo account be.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I have yahoo mail plus and it's only $19.95 per year. I use it with mail in OSx.

5. Blinkensnout macrumors newbie

Microsoft Entourage

Do you have office??? if so simply use Entourage instead of the mail client??? i have a standard yahoo address and i set it up with entourage last night dead easy!!!! :D

simply click on the Entourage icon, type in your yahoo email address when prompted and watch it dowload and sync with your yahoo online account!!!!!

Simple as that! :D:D:D