Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
'Dear Yahoo! Mail User,

Thanks for using Yahoo! Mail. It's our goal to offer you an email experience that makes it easy and enjoyable to stay in touch. Periodically, we make service changes to enhance that experience for our users. As of June 15, 2004, you'll enjoy the following benefits:

* Increased storage capacity – from your current level to 100MB
* Increase in total message size to 10MB
* A streamlined interface that's even easier to use

You will continue to access your Yahoo! Mail account as usual. No further action is required, and there will be no interruption of your service.

We hope you enjoy the new features and benefits. If you have any questions, please visit our Help page. Thanks again for using Yahoo! Mail.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Mail Team'

100 Megs. I'm happy with that, I probably won't use more.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
Wes said:
'Dear Yahoo! Mail User,

Thanks for using Yahoo! Mail. It's our goal to offer you an email experience that makes it easy and enjoyable to stay in touch. Periodically, we make service changes to enhance that experience for our users. As of June 15, 2004, you'll enjoy the following benefits:

* Increased storage capacity – from your current level to 100MB
* Increase in total message size to 10MB
* A streamlined interface that's even easier to use

You will continue to access your Yahoo! Mail account as usual. No further action is required, and there will be no interruption of your service.

We hope you enjoy the new features and benefits. If you have any questions, please visit our Help page. Thanks again for using Yahoo! Mail.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Mail Team'

100 Megs. I'm happy with that, I probably won't use more.

I have SBC yahoo DSL, and I logged in this morning to find a similar message. I actually have 2 GB of email storage space now. That's 20 times more than what I had yesterday, and I didn't have to pay any more for it. :)

vsp

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2004
Chico, Ca
My Yahoo account got tied to our SBC DSL connection. This morning I discovered that my Yahoo Mail account now has 2GB storage and no more ads. The only problem I see so far is that it's noticably slower but that may just be opening night jitters.

Vince

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
No notable performance improvements, though the interface is somewhat less cluttered. I'm thinking I'll upgrade to the Yahoo! Mail Plus thing. It's only $20 per year, plus I would dig the POP access. :)

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I am having problems with the new interface. The drop down menus don't seem to work with Safari. I sent them feedback on the issue.

Otherwise, I'm very pleased. As many others, I'm a SBC DSL subscriber, and it's nice to have the increased storage/attachment capacity, although I doubt I'll take advantage of it since I uses POP.

Biker21098

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2002
CA
looks liek GMail went to 1 TB

Well I don't know if this just happened after the yahoo bump in storage. But GMail just went up to 1 TB of storage per user. I'm liking the 2GB of storage from my SBC DSL. I use Apple's Mail to do my mail, but never hurts to be able to store and transport files if needed by e-mail.

jimjiminyjim

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2003
Canada
Yahoo's new interface seemed quicker to me. Overall I like it. The delete button did not work for me once, and I had to refresh the page... hopefully that was a once only occurence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.