Yahoo Mes. issue on Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AngryPirate, Mar 1, 2008.

1. AngryPirate macrumors newbie

Was wondering if someone else has the same problem I keep on having with Yahoo Messenger.

What it does is, I type my password, click the Sign In button, it starts signing in and it stays there, doesn't go past the "Signing In...", it just stays like that for ever. The thing is, is does actually sign me in, I noticed when people started messaging me, but I can't see my buddy list because of the "Signing In..." screen.

I tried installing a new copy of Yahoo at least 4 times and still nothing. Any advice ? Thanks in advance.

PS: Also my Safari all of a sudden started to run on startup. Weird, both these issues appeared today. I haven't changed anything in my system, did not do anything wrong.

2. smogsy macrumors 6502a

3. AngryPirate thread starter macrumors newbie

Downloaded it 1 minute ago. I would like to use Yahoo thou.

4. AngryPirate thread starter macrumors newbie

Why won't Adium receive any files/incoming transfers ?

5. civilizedrat macrumors regular

This thread appears to be unresolved. Incidentally, I am experiencing the same problem also, except for the Safari part. Does any one have any solution to this?

6. donmei macrumors regular

I have a problem with yahoo mail. I enter address and password and it keeps popping me back as if I entered wrong password.

I open fusion and log in from IE and get in fine. My osx browser is safari.

Don

7. BlueEyes macrumors newbie

hi, i'm experiencing the same issue. i login and it says "connecting" and that's it.. doesn't show me my friends list. weird thing is that alerts show whenever someone logs in or out even if the window still says "connecting".

i've resorted to going back to version 2.5.3 but would love to use version 3 and the newer betas. :(