Yahoo Messenger is frozen permenantly!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CameronC, Jul 26, 2008.

1. CameronC macrumors newbie

I'm on Yahoo Messenger a lot, and recently it started freezing up as soon as I would go to click on the "sign in" button at start-up. Have to force quit each time. It stays frozen the entire time, though I have had it sometimes finally start working one or two times over the past week. But basically, I can't use it at all anymore.

Yes, I have tried re-installing it with the latest version. Made no difference whatsoever.

I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11 and the latest YM located at this address...

http://messenger.yahoo.com/platform/mac

I have absolutely NO IDEA why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm going to suggest AdiumX. It looks like they have a newer build then the current one I have. I'll test out the 12xxx vs. 9xxx.

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Looks a lot like iChat.

Attached Files:

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Well Yahoo! Messenger is working fine for me under 10.5.4 regardless of the build number. I'll be able to try it on 10.4.11 tomorrow. My suggest is to delete the preferences for Yahoo! Messenger and see if it works again.

5. CameronC thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't because the thinking rainbow wheel spins as soon as I click "sign in" and it doesn't stop. I can't access anything in YM. Just now, however, it started working and signed in fine, although it took 30 minutes of thinking to do it!