Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seabass069

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Does anyone know when Yahoo Messenger will fully work with MAC OSX? I have been waiting a long time to be able to use my iSight with Yahoo Messenger. I want to be able to use voice and video at the same time. 6 months ago I heard that maybe with a new upgrade it will work. It still hasn't happened. I am forced to use Skype which is fine, but I have to talk all my contacts into downloading that. They (PC users) do not understand why I cannot use my iMac w/ iSight and Yahoo Messenger.

ianespanes

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Marsfield, NSW, Australia
iSight and Yahoo Messenger

the latest ymsg beta works with my iSight, although if I remember correctly the audio part doesn't work.

I have downloaded Yahoo Messenger Beta 3.0 and that allows me to use audio. Voice and Video Conversation were fine until iSight had problems two days ago.

I use iSight on YM and see myself yet I could not get anyone to view me and I cant view anyone either. Please Help me!!! :confused:

toxicquack

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
I have been having some trouble with yahoo messenger.

Up until recently I was able to view a particular webcam, but it now no longer works. I can still see others' webcam fine, but when he asks me or I send an invite it just continually says "Inviting 1 Viewer" and nothing happens. (Pic attached)

Wierdly, this only seems to happen with him, and its not every time, its very random.

This is very annoying as I need the webcam function in order to see some work I am overseeing in the states. Is there any info on why this happens? I have checked firewall connections etc.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,273

fasthonda450r

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
video quality

Mine works fine, audio and video. The only problem is the video on my machine is very slow:( why is it slow? Any one else within problem ? Ichat quality is faster with video

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.