Yahoo Messenger...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

What good is a messenger that does not run in the background? Why would I want to open the app and not be able to do anything else on my phone....close the app, messenger off. Makes no sense. Even on my Blackberry I was able to run AIM in the back. I just dont get it.

2. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

are you new here or something? ever hear of push notifications? i have to ask but, have u been following any of the news about the iphone for the past year and a half? dont wanna sound douchey but cmon dude.

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Well, you are a douchebag. So many threads where there are complaints on this or that, which has been posted 10 to 100 times and we continue to see it. I post one and you ask if i'm new. GTH! I know about Push, jerk. Has nothing to do with me thinking YM app is useless.

4. aslucher macrumors member

:eek:seriously right now!? you are going to attack him for using his brain! sounds like youre the douchebag buddy!

obviously you dont know about push! push NOTIFICATION, not just push data, will allow the yahoo messenger app to show a notification on the springboard (the homepage) when a new message is received EVEN WHEN THE APP IS NOT RUNNING!

when push is enabled for everyones use this summer then all that needs to be done is an update and bam youre done!

there is no point to this thread except to annoy people with common sense, get off here if you're just going to attack people who were only trying to help!!!! he was asking questions and in all reality the questions he asked were simple to people who keep up to date with the iPhone, and he didnt want to come off as a douche or insult your intelligence by assuming you already knew about push notification(which you obviously dont and im doing more than assuming here)

5. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

your mini rant here about how messengers can't run in the background on the iPhone is extremely pointless, since EVERYONE, especially those on the iPhone forums of Macrumors.com, knows that the iPhone CAN'T run app's in the background.

Can't wait for push, hopefully people on the 3.0 beta like myself will actually be able to use it before it releases, i would love to give a review of it on my site before many others :p