Yahoo or gmail?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Boots-, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Boots- macrumors regular

Hello. I've recently got An iPod touch. And I am currently using windows live as my email address. I would like to have imap instead of pop3 but I know that there is no imap with windows live. I know gmail and yahoo have imap and I'm thinking of switching to either one. I would like all the features of mobile me without buying anything. Which one could I use for my needs and syncing contacts mail and calenders?

2. han.mar.hug6 macrumors newbie

gmail!!!

i love gmail, comes in great on itouch as well but is even better when on computer! great to personalize, and also has good systems for calenders as well as contacts! hope it helps:)

3. thatguysmells macrumors regular

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Another one here for GMail. I have been nothing but happy with it.

5. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

GMAIL!!!!! screw yahoo... only bad experiences for me...

6. statik13 macrumors regular

Another vote for Gmail. It plays well with the iPod touch, gives you plenty of storage and is nice and quick.

Plus, it doesn't "tag" your emails with ads. Yahoo and Hotmail both have a nasty habit of adding their own advertisements to the bottom of every email you send. Very tacky and annoying.

7. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Gmail...anything else is fail.

Yes, I know it rhymes. :p

8. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

9. whatupg1 macrumors newbie

I have both a Gmail and Yahoo account and I have to agree with the majority here that Gmail is much better.

I'd say the only bad thing with Gmail is that "Push Notification" of email messages is not supported without a 3rd party app (that I know of) but that being said it's not a deal breaker for me.

10. Boots- thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know if yahoo can do a 2 way sync with contacts? I already have yahoo because of flickr and would like to use it if possiable. Before I go ahead and make a gmail account