Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spincr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
The Netherlands
Perhaps this belongs under the Apple mail sub forum, however it wasn't working before, so I'll add it here since its about the new Mail application.

Is it now possible to add a yahoo account in apple mail? I've had a lot of problems getting things to work with anything but a Gmail account.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I think you have to pay for yahoo mail plus to use it with another mail service. Gmail really is the best option.

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
I don't think that's a problem with Mail, it's a problem with Yahoo. Last time I checked, it only let you access your inbox via IMAP or POP if you pay.

I've got Mail working with a variety of non-Gmail and non-Yahoo accounts.

spincr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
The Netherlands
Hm alright then. Thanks, but its kinda annoying since a mail app should work with all or atleast most available sources.

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
Hm alright then. Thanks, but its kinda annoying since a mail app should work with all or atleast most available sources.

Like we said, it's Yahoo's fault. If they don't let Mail connect to their servers, there's nothing much Mail can do..

If you look around, there are a few free providers which also let you use Mail. GMX is what I use and I've been a happy user for many years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.