Yahoo Password Crazyness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andiwm2003, Feb 19, 2014.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

So, my Yahoo password doesn't work anymore. So I go through "forgot password" and have a text sent to my phone to reset my password. I get to the page where I'm supposed to set a new password. However it says always "your password is weak. Choose a stronger password". Well, look at my password! WTF???

Does anybody have the same problem? How do I get to my account now?

Attached Files:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The hint only mentions numbers, letters, and upper or lower case.
    Nothing about symbols or punctuation.
    See if the passphrase is more acceptable if you restrict yourself to only numbers, letters, or upper-lower case, or maybe shift/option on the number keys for THOSE symbols, and not the symbols on the punctuation keys.
    (yes, I realize it makes no sense, but the comment there does not mention symbols at all - so - that's my thinking....)

3. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Thanks, but I tried numerous versions of passwords on different browsers already. There are quite a number of people having this problem according to a google search. Nobody has a solution posted yet. Yahoo is such a bunch of unprofessional yahoo's. Fortunately this is a secondary account. I can live without it but it still sucks.

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I've used Yahoo Mail as my main email provider for years now, but last month I got fed up of dealing with massive chunks of my old messages disappearing and the clunky interface that they keep redesigning ever year that only gets worse with each iteration, so I dumped them for good. The last straw was when I was required to change my password three times in the same week. :rolleyes:

I really have been rooting for Yahoo to make a comeback, but every time they try something new, it just...sucks.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

What banking websites do you use your 1wdsxpeMLes??adlk28 password for? Thanks :).

Just kidding!

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Marissa Mayer probably thinks the same thing. They needed to start over much sooner than they did, even before she got there. When you patch enough stuff, for long enough, and when staff morale is in the toilet for long stretches, your systems are permanently fragile. The hope now is that they will have some major "redo, redo" from scratch coming off the drawing boards. Otherwise... ptooey.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

And I thought I had a long one..... :D teehee.... password that is.