Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 74

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.101; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

jav6454 said:
What do you have against Facebook? I understand why people dislike it when people post their entire life on it, but it's a good way to stay in touch with people, especially family that lives far away. Don
Because its dumb. Well, but that's not a good enough reason, heres a couple of 'em.
Stay in touch huh? Well, if you need to talk to me, there is something now a days called the cellphone. What's that, you do not have x friend's cellphone? There is the e-mail. You want to chat? There is AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc, etc..... There is no need for Facebook. Want to share pictures and stuff? Flickr is your answer. Want to post that juicy gossip from last party? Nothing like a good blog on Blogger or somewhere else.
So you want less simplicity and convergence? :confused: I guess you hate the iPhone and similar devices?

Geocities was great. I don't know how such a website/service suddenly becomes obsolete or/and irrelevant, but apparently it did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.