Yahoo push email for iOS working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Richdmoore, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Is anyone else who is using Yahoo email (via the standard apple mail app) having issues with not getting the email notifications pushed to their iPhone/iPad?

I am having issues, and even deleted the account and set it up again on multip,e iOS devices without success.

2. althaur macrumors member

althaur

Yep. There are a couple of other threads on here about this topic. That being said, I don't any of us who have asked about this have been able to fix it. It's happening on both my iPhone 6 and iPad mini. My wife's yahoo email is still working fine on her 5c. All the devices are running the latest OS.

I fixed it for a day by syncing my devices, then back to nothing. I had to change my accounts from push to fetch. A bit of an annoyance, but a workaround.

3. Richdmoore thread starter macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Thanks. I have tried almost everything, including a network reset. I guess we just need to wait and see if it is fixed in the next iOS update (or hopefully before then.). I almost wonder if the apple/yahoo agreement to support push emails went away.

4. althaur macrumors member

althaur

I would be surprised if that was the issue. It isn't a problem with my wife's yahoo email on her 5c.