Yahoo Push Email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sir42, Jun 26, 2007.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

If I remember correctly from MWSF, each iPhone was to come with a free Yahoo push email account but I haven't heard any mention of that since January. Is it still a planned feature?

For my Treo I have my .mac and business mail forwarded to fastmail accounts which uses a specific IMAP protocol to push my email to me. It's a real battery saver and I'm hoping the iphone will still be able to accept pushed emails in this method.

I also setup my treo so that when I send a message it looks like I'm sending it from my .mac account rather than the fastmail account which is actually on the treo.

2. HitmanX macrumors regular

Not much lately has been said about email accounts on the iPhone. So, yes it's safe to say that Yahoo! will still be a push email client. But, since Apple is working with Google, I do hope a full featured G-Mail client will come out. Thats another nice feature about these phones, is that they can be constantly updated for the better. The features on launch day are just a start of what is to come.

3. travishill macrumors regular

Since Yahoo's IMAP email works via the IMAP protocol w/ IDLE, I believe the "push" functionality will work for any IMAP account w/ IDLE support.

Of course, we'll have to wait to be certain of that- but based on what I've heard and seen that seems likely.

4. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

You would think Apple would update their .mac email to support IDLE now that they have this nifty little phone coming out.

5. ps49556n macrumors regular

I thought everyone knew iphone supports IMAP Push email???? ANd yes I wouldnt doubt it if .Mac support Push soon.