Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSightG5

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
I've been having issues with Yahoo's "push" service on my 3G for almost 2 weeks. The push function has stopped working, now I only get emails when I refresh.
Has anyone else had problems with Yahoo as of late?

Edit-Ive had issues with yahoo before working intermittently but never for this amount of time. Also sometimes when I delete emails on my phone they're still in my inbox when I check my email from yahoo's main page.

bryankm282

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Me too...

The Storm is looking nicer ever day. I'm going to wait until next week to decide if I want to make the switch or not, depending on what people say. I like the iPhone but the only thing it seems good at anymore is playing music and some really neat games. Dropped calls galore, flaky e-mail (just pulled up the mail app and noticed gmail has not been updated in six hours even though I have q30m), lack of a 3G signal inside most buildings, and lack of basic cell phone features are starting to get annoying.

I've been thinking of buying an iPod touch, but it might be best just to keep a SIM card in my iPhone and use it as a touch.

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
This really stinks! I didn't even realize that it wasn't working because I don't use the email on my phone much. Since you guys were talking about this, I went into my email app and realized that I had a bunch of emails piling up. :( Sure wish that it was dependable!

Thanks for the heads up...no telling how long it would have been before I went in to find those emails.

iSightG5

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
I spent about an hour trying to test different things just in case it was on my end.
I turned push off, did a hard reset, then turned push back on-nothing
I deleted my account off my phone, reentered it-nothing.
I did a full restore, added all my accounts again-nothing.

So it would seem that yahoo has shut down it's cloud/push service, but why no mention? And if it hasn't then why no mention of issues being resolved?

iSightG5

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
I'm guessing no one with a yahoo account is getting their emails unless they hit refresh.

But what I want to know is, why hasn't this been brought up sooner? We can't be the only users with yahoo accounts lol.

heartbreaker75

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
everything said about the yahoo push, i've experienced as well. tried everything and can't get it to work. apple guy said yahoo was switching to ATT servers or something but i don't if he know what he's talking about.

signed up for a me account and have had great reliability. i get my business email forwarded to me account for push. a couple of instances the emails have not arrived, getting lost in cyberspace somewhere.

really sucks about yahoo cause i don't want to have to pay for the me service, but i need the reliability that the me brings. at least until the yahoo issue is fixed

krayziekray

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
I've been having this problem for quite some time now (since about 2-3 weeks after 2.1 was released).

I have recently got so sick and tired of manually having to go into "Mail" that I have set the phone to fetch every 30 mins. Though this doesn't work as reliably as I had hoped, it does fetch emails quite frequently.

Try that, it may help.

Also if Apple are to release the update tomorrow, lets hope this issue is resolved (as I thinks its an issue with FW 2.1 as it was working fine before the upgrade)

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Mine stopped working weeks ago, too. For the past week, though, it's been getting about 50% of them pushed instantly, another handful push but are late, and the rest are only fetched when I actually open the mail app.

Oddly, my MobileMe isn't pushing mail at all, but I don't use it for mail anyway. The calendar and contacts are pushing/syncing just fine.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
The Gmail fetch issue is supposedly being addressed by apple... hopefully 2.2 fixes it.... as for Push from yahoo... my yahoo.ca account pushs 100%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.