Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Sorry for making a new topic, but when I searched I didnt find any recent threads about this. I just got my first iPhone! I love it! What Im doing to save money on texts is to use my yahoo push email. I send my friends "texts" from my yahoo mail...and they reply there.

But the Push feature doesnt seem to be working and I've got it turned on. I sent about 10 test emails, and only 2 of them were "pushed" The others I had to manually fetch. Whats going on? Is this a Yahoo problem or am I doing something wrong? Its a huge problem for me since I rely on it for unlimited texts basically.

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Sorry for making a new topic, but when I searched I didnt find any recent threads about this. I just got my first iPhone! I love it! What Im doing to save money on texts is to use my yahoo push email. I send my friends "texts" from my yahoo mail...and they reply there.

But the Push feature doesnt seem to be working and I've got it turned on. I sent about 10 test emails, and only 2 of them were "pushed" The others I had to manually fetch. Whats going on? Is this a Yahoo problem or am I doing something wrong? Its a huge problem for me since I rely on it for unlimited texts basically.

No offense but you need to search better. This has been discussed in multiple threads as recently as this morning.

This is supposedly a known issue that Apple is working on. In the interim the work around is to go into the email app and hold down the home button for 15 seconds to force it to close. If that doesn't work, power cycle the phone.

Hope that helps.

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2008
No offense but you need to search better. This has been discussed in multiple threads as recently as this morning.

This is supposedly a known issue that Apple is working on. In the interim the work around is to go into the email app and hold down the home button for 15 seconds to force it to close. If that doesn't work, power cycle the phone.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I knew I was going to get beat up for this. But I searched for both "yahoo" and "push" and I didnt see a thread dedicated to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.