Yahoo setup on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ctt1wbw, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Okay, so lately I've been having problems with GMail and the password. I keep getting notifications about suspicious activity and I have to change my password. This is such a huge pain the farkin ass cuz I have to change two laptops, email programs, plus everything on my iPhone, the calendars and IM programs...

I know for a fact that my password isn't getting hacked because I make it tough to know for the average idiot out there. Sometimes I have to think about it to remember it...

So I'm getting tired of doing this crap once a week. Is there any other service that performs as well as Google with all the functionality that google can give me like calendars and stuff?

I have a Yahoo email. Does Yahoo do push on the iPhone through an Exchange account setup?

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

3. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I thought so too. Haven't tried it yet. What I want to do is migrate from Google services, like email and calendar, and import everything into Yahoo and set up my iPhone with Yahoo via an Exchange account like Google does. Is that possible?

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Set up yahoo through yahoo. You dont need to set it up as exchange for push to work with yahoo.

As for calendar. I don't use any web based ones like yahoo or google.

5. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Yahoo push email doesn't work as well as Googlemail push email for me on my iPhone.

It does push but not all the time, sometimes I have to fetch mail to receive it.

6. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I like to subscribe to my favorite team sports schedules and keep them in sync on my Mac, Dell, and iPhone. It works great.

I've heard the same thing. I just set mine up with Yahoo about an hour ago and have gotten several push emails. Pretty quick, too.

7. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

I concur that Yahoo push email isn't very reliable. I've had a Yahoo email account for two and a half years on two different iPhones, and the push feature has never worked reliably. I'd say about 50% of my emails get pushed and the rest don't show up until I manually fetch them. Fortunately, it's not my main email account, so it's not that important to me.

8. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I'm still trying to figure out why my Google password keeps screwing up like it has lately.