General Yahoo weather iwidgets

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nroma23, Apr 6, 2013.

1. nroma23 macrumors newbie

Has anyone found a fix for iWidgets and yahoos new weather service? I cannot seem to get the weather data to load no matter what I try.

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I would also like to know. I have been unable to get MyLocation app to work with iwidgets. The city never updates the current city I'm in. It only displays the city that I was in when I first setup the iWidget.

3. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

4. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

What is that? Never heard of it.

5. nroma23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded the new location.js file. Prior to that I was receiving "Internet?!" error. After replacing with the new file I get a "location..." error message.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Not all weather widgets are coded the same, and as such, the location.js fix mentioned doesn't work in some cases. This is one of those areas where you're very comfortable working with HTML, you're best off checking to see if the widget's designer has released an updated version. Many updates have been posted over on ModMyi; some in the theme threads, some in the iWidget thread, some in the UniAw one (that's also where you can find the updated location.js file.)

Unfortunately there's no magic solution to fix them all. Hopefully designers will update theirs as they become aware of the problem, but if you didn't get a particular widget via Cydia, you may have to hunt a bit to find where an update was posted.