Yamaha MW10 Buzzing

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Renderz, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Renderz macrumors 6502

I'm trying to use a Yamaha MW10 to record an acoustic guitar and vocals, but almost everytime I do there is a very loud buzzing noise, this isn't the gain or level turned up too high as I've tried a multitude of settings. Just as annoying is I cannot manually reproduce the buzzing noise so I don't know why it's doing it.

It happens in both Garageband and Logic Studio.

I hope someone can help.

2. djroyce macrumors newbie

Same Issue, This is what I did.

Hey- I Do a show for Sirius every week and they sent me down a mixer to use while mine was having 3 pots replaced. - It was a Yamaha MW10, (Still got it). The first thing it did was pick up a 60 Cycle hum from a light I have in one of my racks. - I Turned it off and it went away.. *or so I thought.

When using logic you can put on headphones, enable input on a channel and BOOM there is your Buzz.. - So I thought.. GROUND?- I looked.. Ground is good.

USB?- Yep.. Power over USB!... :apple:

Here is what I did;

I got two RCA to 1/4 in conversion plugs (radio shack), Got a Stereo 1/8 in to male RCA and went into the input on MAC- Unplug USB period.. As long as it is plugged in.. BUZZ:rolleyes:

By the way.. CUrious.. Do you have a USB Hub plugged in?> or a Splitter?

While I am asking- Do you have any external USB hubs plugged in?

Are any of them Powered? - (i.e. Separate power than what comes from MAC)

If so.. turn those off and see if you can use USB again.

Hope this helped. :confused:

You can email me directly if you want.. - royce@djroyce.us

3. jobim macrumors newbie

same buzzing!

first of all, i hope you excuse my english.

i have the same yamaha with the same problem!!

is not possible to use the usb with this mixer?

if usb does not work and i use rca with the audio input in the mac: wich is the diference? is the audio quality much lower?

thanks