YAQMWT (Yet another quad mac waiting thread) - New Zealand

waitingonnov

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
31
0
Thats right yet another thread!!!

Just wondering if anyone has received their quad imacs in little old New Zealand. I ordered mine (From DSE) on the 26th of October so just about to celebrate the 1 month anniversary of ordering... (in all fairness Apple did say sometime in November so still a fair few days before I can actually while)
 

dronus

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
301
0
Adelaide, Australia
Thats right yet another thread!!!

Just wondering if anyone has received their quad imacs in little old New Zealand. I ordered mine (From DSE) on the 26th of October so just about to celebrate the 1 month anniversary of ordering... (in all fairness Apple did say sometime in November so still a fair few days before I can actually while)

Gudday :) Have you had a chance to read the last page or so of the Aussie waiting thread? I too would be very interested to hear about orders placed with DSE, and when they plan to be delivered.
Is your current status "Not Yet Shipped" ?
 
Comment

Mystic385

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
57
0
I'm waiting in Auckland. Apparently they're not far off. And apparently once they land in Sydney they can give us a more accurate ETA.

All I know is I want it now. :) It's also my first apple. I'm also getting the i5 (because I didn't know there was an i7). And I have no idea what any of that means. I just know I don't want MS anymore.

Good luck with the shipping I hope you see it soon (and mine sooner lol)

Cheers
 
Comment

waitingonnov

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
31
0
DSE won't even speculate here.
It's my first mac since the Imac DV's, got one when they were first in store - this is my first time waiting for one :) . I sit in front of a mac 5+ hours a day so haven't missed em too much, still be nice to go home to one.
 
Comment

Stripyhorse

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
2
0
Auckland, NZ
Hi All

Here's another Kiwi bloke waiting eagerly for an iMac. I have ordered my i7/8GB/2TB with extended keyboard on 4 Nov. I ordered through a reseller (HN), not a very good move I am affraid:( At this point there is no news, nothing. When I ordered I was told 2 weeks!!! They took a big plonk of my money and now I am hanging outside to dry:mad::mad: I am a very patient guy, but this is giving me heartburn, really. Hope this madness soon ends!
 
Comment

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Oct 17, 2008
2,037
106
Does DSE and HN really that much cheaper than going Apple online? b/c you'll have to wait longer for sure for your units to turn up if you don't get it straight from Apple. If you are a business, or student or an apple developer you can easily get 10% off retail and you don't have to wait so long.

Kiwis will always have to wait longer than Kanga's. Skippy gets first bite, then the kiwis get them next. That's just the way it is :D:p:D
 
Comment

Mystic385

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
57
0
Damn, just got an update to mid December and they asked me to call back Monday and they'll check for a more accurate date. I also rang Magnum Mac in Newmarket and they've said mid December, worldwide shortage etc. Bugger. So that's two retail channels saying mid-December. :(

I was so looking forward to seeing this machine any day now (soon).

Do I can my order, get my money back and wait till they actually have a machine to sell? I think I'll have a beer.
 
Comment

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Oct 17, 2008
2,037
106
Damn, just got an update to mid December and they asked me to call back Monday and they'll check for a more accurate date. I also rang Magnum Mac in Newmarket and they've said mid December, worldwide shortage etc. Bugger. So that's two retail channels saying mid-December. :(

I was so looking forward to seeing this machine any day now (soon).

Do I can my order, get my money back and wait till they actually have a machine to sell? I think I'll have a beer.
Cancel your order. Then order direct with Apple, you can research if you want the i7 model (has hyperthreading) as a purchase option. Good luck and welcome to the Apple gang :D
 
Comment

nzreg

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2009
51
1
Ordered my i5 on 11/11/09, arrived 23/11/09 from apple online store.
BTO extended keyboard, 8gb ram 2 tb hd.
I was in DS a couple of days before ordering and the salesman was emphatic he could have an i5 for me within a couple of days....:cool:
Having had dealings with tricky dicky before so I treated this with skepticism.
Hope you folk get your machines soon..
Reg
Christchurch
 
Comment

dronus

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
301
0
Adelaide, Australia
I also rang Magnum Mac in Newmarket and they've said mid December, worldwide shortage etc.
Good to see they start at the top of the list of excuses. If there was worldwide shortage people could not be receiving them within a week of placing orders online.

It is to do with how their buying office is working with their Apple account manager to get stock in. It looks like the premium resellers are now getting fed but DJ, Myer, DSE are down the list.

Either cancel and order from the online shop, or demand that the retailer does something about it or you will be sitting on "Not yet shipped" until at least the second week in December.
 
Comment

Stripyhorse

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
2
0
Auckland, NZ
Hey All

Actually, I had absolutely no idea that there was going to be a difference between on-line ordering and resellers. Had I known that, I wouldn't have done it, right?;). But HM is just minutes up the road from my place. And I wanted to support the local community :rolleyes:. Yeah, I know, I know..... Now it has been such a long time, I thought I just let it go. I am sure it'll show up sometime.........right?????
 
Comment

Mystic385

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
57
0
Either cancel and order from the online shop, or demand that the retailer does something about it or you will be sitting on "Not yet shipped" until at least the second week in December.
I have a computer that's passed it's useby date and is a continual problem. I need a replacement now. Speaking with friends who have gone W7 they're not having a problem. My off the cuff view right now is can the Apple order and go buy a PC. This is a crossover point for me and we run three machines. Another two would need to go in the next 12 months.

I've already spoken to the retailer. They can understand that I am not happy. If I wasn't having to re-boot this MS based thing mutliple times a day I'd be fine. There is no point in doing any more work to my current machine.

I decide to try Apple then they go and make it real hard for me. :confused: And if you're reading this and you're with Apple NZ and you can magic me a machine now or close to now then contact me before I cancel the Apple order.

On a brighter note. The beer was good.
 
Comment

Buzz Bumble

Guest
Oct 19, 2008
802
2
New Zealand
Does DSE and HN really that much cheaper than going Apple online?
With the release of the new iMacs, the prices across all the Mac range dropped (quite drastically in many cases). At the moment prices are pretty much identical at every reseller and Apple's online NZ store. Sometimes the pricing is slightly cheaper at JB Hi-Fi branches, but it can vary from only $1 though to $100 depending on the model and what the current month's deals are.



b/c you'll have to wait longer for sure for your units to turn up if you don't get it straight from Apple. If you are a business, or student or an apple developer you can easily get 10% off retail and you don't have to wait so long.
Yep, "Educational" pricing is the way to go if you can, and are not planning to use the computer for business use. Teachers and non-profit / charity groups can also get educational pricing.


Kiwis will always have to wait longer than Kanga's. Skippy gets first bite, then the kiwis get them next. That's just the way it is :D:p:D
That's because there is no real "Apple NZ". Rennaisance (often called "Renuisance") are the official Apple distributor and they now run the Magnum Mac branches, but a when Apple opened it's online store here the restrictions were dropped and so now resellers can order from either Rennaisance or directly from Apple Australia.
 
Comment

nzacl0

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
17
0
new zealand
mac order

Well I just ordered my i7 with all the bells and whistles direct from the Apple site two days ago. Delivery date shipment is listed 3-9 December. Fingers crossed it arrives and works ok. Meantime I have my macbook pro to keep me busy.

I didn't really need this thing - I just wanted it. Bit like some people buying a Harley or a boat, I guess. :)
 
Comment

Buzz Bumble

Guest
Oct 19, 2008
802
2
New Zealand
You should have waited until tomorrow's "TGI Friday" sale or Magnum Mac's $100 gift voucher promotion. I posted them yesterday here, although that was after you had already ordered you iMac. I can't remember what the pricing was at last year's sales (not much from memory), so it might or might not be worth cancelleing the order.
 
Comment

waitingonnov

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
31
0
Another... ?
Thanks for the input.....
Must remember to post pointless one word comments to boost my post count.

Anyway the only reason I went with DSE is that I am paying the machine off over one year, not the best way to do things, but my wife is happier having one thing on hire purchase than dropping 3k on one item. I'm just a lowly designer :(
 
Comment

Buzz Bumble

Guest
Oct 19, 2008
802
2
New Zealand
As long as it's an "Interest Free" deal, then it is a good way of paying. There are quite a few deals going around as the chain stores try to get you to buy stuff. At one point Harvey Norman was offering 36 months interest free, and throwing in some software (useless stuff like Norton Antivirus :rolleyes:).
 
Comment

waitingonnov

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
31
0
Yeah my mate got a MBP at the same time on 2 years interest free from DSE although I could have sworn they were only advertising 1 year so he could have messed that one up, but I don't like owing money and one year is probably my max.

Heard someone mention mid December, but another person in another thread was told the same and just received his (though not in NZ) so I guess there is hope. Little disappointed in the gpu but if I wanted it for gaming I would have bought a ps3.


As long as it's an "Interest Free" deal, then it is a good way of paying. There are quite a few deals going around as the chain stores try to get you to buy stuff. At one point Harvey Norman was offering 36 months interest free, and throwing in some software (useless stuff like Norton Antivirus :rolleyes:).
 
Comment

jgro002

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2009
1
0
I ordered the i5 from HN (in Auckland) on the 25th of October. I was told today that they will be getting them in on the 7th of December - I'm not sure of the accuracy of that info, but it's the first time I have heard a possible date for NZ stores to actually get the machines in.

I would say it is looking likely they will be here by the middle of December - here's hoping!

Cheers, Jeremy.
 
Comment

nzacl0

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
17
0
new zealand
i7 on its way

my imac has been shipped. Ordered on the 23rd Nov and should be here on or around the 3rd Dec. Right now it's in shanghai. Fingers crossed.
 
Comment

Mystic385

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
57
0
my imac has been shipped. Ordered on the 23rd Nov and should be here on or around the 3rd Dec. Right now it's in shanghai. Fingers crossed.
Let us know when it arrives. I still have zero info. Umipressed I am with the lack of info.
 
Comment

Mystic385

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
57
0
I have an update. Apple stores online are supplying stock in NZ and you can order online and get a pretty accurate delivery date. No stock is available for retail channels at this time and they are unable to confirm when stock will be available. Any dates given are at best a guess.

So my options are to cancel my order with the retailer get a full refund and

1/ buy online, or

2/ buy a pc, or

3 wait. So keep the cash till there is stock.

I can understand why Apple would do this. It's just bad timing on my part needing and deciding to change puters now.
 
Comment

waitingonnov

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
31
0
Man thats a hard one, If I was you and had the cash to just buy the thing I would just cancel and go with Apple, but thats because I ordered mine well over a month ago and I'm getting impatient. However if you have my luck then you would cancel, order from Apple and then the next day everyone would receive their Imacs from resellers LOL.

The pc track is also something I looked at, with all the problems creeping up and windows 7 not being too much of a dog at all I did consider buying myself a comparable (though more powerful gpu certianly) pc and save the extra left over (most likely 1000+) and wait until my next upgrade to go Mac. I was very tempted and because it would be cheaper the wife would certainly have allowed it.



I have an update. Apple stores online are supplying stock in NZ and you can order online and get a pretty accurate delivery date. No stock is available for retail channels at this time and they are unable to confirm when stock will be available. Any dates given are at best a guess.

So my options are to cancel my order with the retailer get a full refund and

1/ buy online, or

2/ buy a pc, or

3 wait. So keep the cash till there is stock.

I can understand why Apple would do this. It's just bad timing on my part needing and deciding to change puters now.
 
Comment

waitingonnov

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
31
0
Dicksmith is finally showing the model on their website so that might be a good sign...
 
Comment

Similar threads

  • 05JGM
9
Replies
9
Views
1K
  • cannondale1974
17
Replies
17
Views
2K
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.