Yarg, purchase help needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Frozonecold, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Frozonecold macrumors 6502

I want to buy one of the new mac pros and I want to take apple up on the "or as low as $67 a month" offer; however, I do not know how to select this option. Could someone direct me to where I can find this mystical payment plan?

2. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

you have to apply and get approved for their visa. You can link to it from the purchase site or just google apple juniper visa.

3. Frozonecold thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, is the $67 per month just the interest on the card? I can't believe I need another Credit Card to buy my new computer.

4. Frozonecold thread starter macrumors 6502

Please correct my 2am thinking, but isn't this essentially the same as buying a mac with any other credit card?

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yes, but you'd be far better off buying with either cash or a credit card you already own. It's rarely a good idea to sign up for a new card simply to purchase a particular product--especially when the card is directly marketed as a means to purchase the product.

6. Frozonecold thread starter macrumors 6502

I may have to wait until I have that kind of money in cash. $67 per month is what that machine would cost me in interest. Thanks.

7. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Warning

Be careful jumping in to the Juniper Visa. Do some searches on the forums here about this.
    A number of people have been approved for and purchased using this financing method, only to find that this card has some particular terms that will came back to bite them. Some lines in the client agreement are less than agreeable when you realize how much more it will cost you than expected.

8. Spievy macrumors regular

Warning 2

Here is my experience with Juniper.

I recently applied for a juniper visa when I bought my iMac a few months ago. I thought it would be good to have 1 cc for apple equipment. Well I applied as I was checking out and they gave me a $400.00 credit limit. That was ridiculous, I have excellent credit. They give me $400 on a $1000 machine. Needless to say I didn't use it and cancelled it. This has happened to a friend mine also with similar credit. Yes I realize each persons experience will be different (especially w/ credit). I just find it odd that this has happened twice me and my friend.

So be prepared to whip the plastic you already have.

9. Frozonecold thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. I definitely won't go with the credit card. What do y'all think about Bill me Later?

10. Frozonecold thread starter macrumors 6502

I may choose to use Bill Me Later, but I am a little worried about doing this. Has anyone here used that service before? Is it worth it?

11. Spievy macrumors regular

I have never done it. It is probably a good idea as long as they don't charge for the service.

12. Antimatter macrumors regular

Just get enough money in hand before you buy it. Then just bill me now!

13. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

I hate to say it, but if you're looking for one of the standard configs, look around for other retailers. My roommate bought his 2.8 8-core Mac Pro from Amazon.com for the base price, minus a $150 rebate, no tax, free shipping. And if you don't mind getting a new card, Amazon has a Visa that gives you points, so you would get 3 points for Amazon purchases, so the $2800 purchase yields an additional $75 back in Amazon bucks. Something to consider!

14. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I use the Amazon.com Visa for everything. The gift certificates keep rolling in.