Yay! I got an Apple TV!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Captain Planet, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I was so surprised when I opened up my gift this morning. Now I'm only missing my new TV, which should be arriving in a few days, and I'm all set! :D

2. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

By the way, what would be the best place to get a HDMI cable for a reasonable price?

3. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Congrats!

www.monoprice.com do the cheapest cables, HDMI doesnt need anything fancy.

4. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

5. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

Congrats !
    Check this to send tweets right from your AppleTV.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I got mine a few months after they had come out - someone who got one wasn't using it as much and sold it actually here on this forum.

I love mine! I use it in my bedroom and I don't have to lug DVD's upstairs anymore!

I also purpose purchase all my content on it and then it puts it all on my iTunes server (a cheap PC) so that Apple knows people are using it!

Part of my bumming around at home today since the stores are closed is ripping some of my DVD's for it...

Enjoy yours!

I think Apple is going to continue to do cool things with it - especially with the rumor that they are going to an iTunes video subscription service - what could be more perfect than using an AppleTV for it!

7. porter01 macrumors newbie

and now if only they enabled 1080p video support...

i got mines black friday since imo with the tablet and iphone next year... we probably wont see another atv until next sept 2010 - of course unless they decide to kill it:eek:

8. Aias macrumors newbie

What are you using to rip your DVDs?

9. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

You should check out FairMount for decrypting the disc + HandBrake for transcoding the video for the Apple TV. Each program is a free download. Just search for their names.