Yay! I just got my macbook :)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iKatianarie, Jun 7, 2009.

1. iKatianarie macrumors member

Paid in full at the apple store. I just got the aluminum base model, and it runs SOOOOO SMOOOTHLY!!! Got the free ipod touch too, but I already have one, so I'll just give it to my little sister. So happy :). I've been waiting for months to get one, and I already checked. I have the 9CA5 screen. It's gorgeous. I love my life :)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congratulations!
    Awesome machine for you

Don't forget to set up a backup strategy!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

OH NOES!! YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR WWDC WHERE STEVE JOBS INTRODUCES THE MACBOOK 2.14!! :rolleyes:

LOL....

in all seriousness. enjoy your mb bro. :D

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

This is all so peculiar. :D This is the 3rd poster who bought a Unibody Macbook this weekend. Nobody wanted to at least wait till tomorrow? I need to pick one up as well since I sold my RevB Air on Friday but I most certainly can wait till Monday. Oh well, as long as there isn't any ranting from these premature posters if Apple updates the specs tomorrow or releases (hopefully) a 13" Macbook Pro to replace the existing high end Unibody Macbook.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

They will just return them for the update... happens every time

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. bjquach macrumors 6502

Congrats! I'm still deciding between mac or PC lol

7. maudioguitarris macrumors newbie

great! i remember the day i bought mine, i was just as excited. when i was opening that white box, i was screaming like a little girl. one thinkg about macs are, you still feel the same way about them even after a while. you feel proud about it and that it's unique and stylish. the love will never fade. :D congrats! welcome to the ilife :apple: :D

8. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

go for a mac.

i used to be a apple hater, mainly because i never used one,

tried one, researched them, bought one,
    iv been a windows guy forever , an I love my Mac, i would never go back to windows,

unless u need a windows only app or in the business world, but you can still run windows with boot camp. so ya man go for mac if u can:apple:

9. nyzwerewolf macrumors regular

i agree. i was a windows user for a long time. 2 yrs ago, one of my friends pushed me and i got my first macbook pro, and i loved it. I now own a new imac, macbook pro, i also made an Efi-x based mac desktop since i cant afford to spend $$$$ on a Mac Pro.

I still use windows; not as a desktop os, but as a server os (windows 2003 server) for my home server needs / asp.net testing purposes. thats all.

10. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Good 4 U!!! Made the switch 8 months ago, it was the smartest thing I did, second was when I brought one for my husband, now I don't have to hear "Luv, can you fix this @#%* PC, :D. My home is very quiet peaceful now:cool:.

11. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

It blows my mind why someone could hate ANYTHING that they have no knowledge or experience of. It's the human condition. Very sad actually.

In any case, congratulations OP! Share some pics would you! I get mine this week, I'm very excited, maybe I'll post some unboxing photos. : )

12. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Congratulations OP! :D I'm so happy for you and your new Maccy xD

If we're sharing stories, I've personally used Macs all my life, and even where Windows surpasses Macs (for example, gaming) I would never leave the comfort of OS X. I'm not saying I wouldn't use Windows because I'm used to OS X, since I'm actually fairly good with Windows (better than your average person at least) and even use Windows 7 in a virtual Machine. I just feel OS X is more advanced and suited to my needs and personality.

/endrant

13. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

You only forgot the free canon printer ($99) ;)

I would actually bring back your receipt and try to get one.

14. 12991 macrumors member

I also just got a macbook a few days ago. But of course its outdated now. If I return I'll have to pay the 10% restocking fee right?

15. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

16. 12991 macrumors member

I am pretty sure it has been less than 14. If it has, then I can return it for just the 10% restocking fee right? But don't the "assess" it then and deduct a certain amount off your product. Also, I got the 16gb iPod. How would that work out?

17. macbook yes macrumors 6502

yep get ready to pay, but the new one is also 100$ cheaper.

18. 12991 macrumors member

Yeah. It is 100$ cheaper, and I have to pay 124.90. plus 29.90 for the touch. But if I keep the same touch they may not charge me right? Otherwise I guess I'll be getting a brand new touch again